Those of us here at The Modern Paws, LLC, a Florida limited liability company, (hereinafter referred to as "Company" or "we") respect our customers and are committed to protecting personal or otherwise sensitive information provided to us. For this reason, we want you to understand how we collect and use the information and content (collectively the “Information”) on our site.
This policy describes the types of Information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.themodernpaws.com (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that Information.
This policy applies to Information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to Information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including any of our affiliates); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
What We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of Information you provide to us, from and about users of our Website. This includes Information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("Personal Information"), and financial information, such as passwords and credit card numbers (personal and financial information may be referred to collectively as “Information”); and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this Information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and Information collected through cookies.
- From third parties, for example, other users and our business partner, such as advertisers.
Information You Provide to Us
The Information we collect directly from you includes:
- Any Information you choose to provide to us. For example, this may include, but is not limited to, your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, forms that you fill out on the Website, purchases from our online shop, requests for customer support, or other communications with us.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain Information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns.
The Information and technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Log and Usage Data: We may log data when you access our Website, such as Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, browser type, device information, device settings, links clicked, the requested URL, and search terms. Pages of the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Location Information: We may collect information about your location, for example, with your consent, by using GPS or Bluetooth on your mobile device. We may also receive your location Information when you choose to share such Information when using our Website, such as associating your content with a location or your IP address.
The Information we collect automatically may include Personal Information, and we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use Information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal and Financial Information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To process transactions on the Website;
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Speed up your searches;
- Research/develop new content and services;
- Provide customer support;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the Information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We reserve the right to use the Personal Information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Additionally, we may share your financial information with our agents, representatives, contractors and service providers so they can provide us with support services such as authorization of credit card transactions, and order fulfillment;
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated Information about our users, and Information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. For more Information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use for service request on our Website, we will transmit communications for such request to your email address, or if you provide financial information, to process a transaction for the purchase of goods or services.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the Information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging Information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your Information:
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your Information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your Information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
California residents may have additional Personal Information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more Information.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any Information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any Information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we learn we have collected or received Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that Information. If you believe we might have any Information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their Personal Information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more Information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your Personal Information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We enforce technical and administrative controls and policies to limit which of our employees have access to nonpublic Information.
The safety and security of your Information also depends on you. We urge you to be careful about giving out Information in public areas of the Website. Unfortunately, the transmission of Information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.